SteadyBlogging on Twitter (SteadyTweets?)

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Quote of the Day

From an elementary school teacher friend:

From: A friend
Subject: Quote of the Day
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 12:09:43 -0600

I just announced to my students that Kerry conceded and Bush claimed
victory, and one student said,

"I feel like breaking my pencil"


I've been forwarding Joshua Marshall's mourning-after/initial-thoughts entry as one of the better things I've read about the aftermath and where to go from here: http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/week_2004_10_31.php#003927

And been excerpting the last paragraph in particular:

"Leave today for disappointment. Tomorrow, think over which of these various groups and organizations you think has made the best start toward what I've described above, go to their website, and give money or volunteer. After that, okay sure, take a few more days for disappointment, maybe a few more weeks. But this takes time. And you shouldn't lose heart. The same division in the country remains, the same stalemate. The other side just got the the ball a yard or two into our side of the field rather than the reverse. And we have to
deal with the serious consequences of that. Tomorrow's the day to start."

Note Johnee posted a comment to that initial post-election entry (click comments under there, or just click here). Please read it. I'll try to respond and get this conversation going.

No comments: