SteadyBlogging on Twitter (SteadyTweets?)

Monday, October 03, 2005

Lifehack: Emergency Preparedness


At some point over the last few weeks I came across Lifehacker.com, and subscribed to the RSS feed. (Once again, if you haven't done so, you need to start using some sort of RSS aggregator, esp if you spend any time at all reading blogs. I have been using, and highly recommend, Rojo.com.)

Noticed this Lifehack entry just now. I'd seen the linked-to NYT article last week, but didn't get a chance to read it.

Like many others, emergency-preparedness has been on my mind lately. We bought a big jug of bottled water a couple weeks ago. I also read another cool tip and started implementing it: keep some bottles of water in the freezer. In addition to having some more water around, you can move those frozen bottles to your fridge if the electricity is out, which will keep stuff cooler longer.

The other thing I want to get is a handcrank radio/flashlight. I bookmarked this site, which sells a variety of models. I've got my eye on the Eton FR300, since it also includes an adaptor for
handcranking a cell phone.

No comments: