SteadyBlogging on Twitter (SteadyTweets?)

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

the death & life of Jane Jacobs

The blogging has been much less steady since my schedule got a lot busier about 6.5 weeks ago. E.g., I should be reading for a quiz that I have to take in about 7 hours: CAPM, APT
--both of which fall under the general category of factor models. That's a nice collection of links there that Google turned up for those 3 topics; e.g., the latter one is from Sharpe himself, who developed CAPM (for which he won the Nobel Prize in 1990).

But this post was meant to be about Jane Jacobs. However, given that I have other more pressing things to do, I just wanted to post the NYT obit, as well as a Slate obit by Witold Rybczynski. I still haven't read The Death and Life of Great American Cities. It's been on my to-read list for a long time.

No comments: